Tuesday, October 7, 2008

uhh...I'm not sure


Well, Brinsinger still hasn’t arrived and the issue of Popular Science I was taking articles from doesn’t have anything good left. Not really sure what I should blog about…let me just dig around my room a little…couldn’t find anything. TO THE INTERNET! I’ll find the weirdest and most random story ever on BBC. I’ve narrowed it down to Goat ‘condoms’ and a naked tourist swimming in Japan. The goat one seems a little more appropriate so I’ll go with that. The article is called Goat ‘condoms’ save Kenyan herds and can be found at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7648860.stm. Now it’s not as bad as you think, they don’t actually put things around the goat’s…parts, it’s just a piece of rectangular plastic strapped to the male goats stomach. It’s placed there so the goats can’t mate obviously. The reason for this is that there is a drought currently. So the herders don’t want baby goats during periods of no rainfall when the mother would be too weak to care for them. However when the rains come off go the goat “condoms” (or olor) and the goats can mate again. The olor saves the hassle of separating the male and female goats and the cost of an extra herdsman that would be necessary to keep them separate. I thought that was a good random story. For next time you better hope I get Brinsinger.

No comments:

Cats are bad at Jenga

Cats are bad at Jenga

Its my dog Max

Its my dog Max
he looks like a monk