Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chapter 1-The Gates of Death


Hello everyone! Let me start with my amazement at the lack of comments on my last post, I practically set you guys up with that one. Anyway Brisingr has finally arrived. I’ve read the synopsis of Eragon and Eldest and I read Chapter One “The Gates of Death”. I really needed that synopsis otherwise I would’ve had no idea what was happening because it’s been like a year or two since I finished Eldest. I’ll summarize the synopsis for you. First off Eragon was a poor farmer boy living with his uncle Garrow and his cousin Roran. One day Eragon found a blue stone. Eventually it hatched into a dragon and Eragon named her Saphira. He then meets Brom who eventually tells him about the dragon riders and becomes his teacher. Brom teaches Eragon magic and how to fight with a sword. However Brom is killed by the Ra’zac (evil creatures controlled by the evil king Galbatorix) who would’ve killed Eragon to but Murtagh stepped in and drove them off. Wow this is way too long I’m going to skip some stuff and make it real brief. There’s a big battle with the Varden (rebels) and the urgals (ork type things). Murtagh goes missing. Eragon trains with elves and they fight another big battle. Surprise there’s another rider. Gasp! It’s Murtagh! Plot twist! Murtagh is Eragon’s older brother! OH SNAP! Oh and Eragon promised to help Roran get his fiancĂ©e (Katrina) back from the Ra’zac. That’s the synopsis now for chapter one. In chapter one Eragon and Roran are outside a tower called Helgrind where they believe Katrina is being held. Before Eragon can search the tower with his mind (ya he’s that good) some priests (most have missing limbs) show up to do a ceremony. It’s pretty bloody so I don’t know if you want to look away or anything. Well it starts with the head priest who stands on a stone tablet. Then two other priests slash his shoulders with swords and fill cups with his blood. The cups are passed around and everyone drinks. Then they asked for a volunteer. A relatively young man volunteers and stands on the stone tablet. He’s given a sword…then…he…cuts his hand off. Then the priests leave but not before attaching two slaves to the stone for the Ra’zac to eat. Eragon then searches the tower with his mind looking for Katrina and the Ra’zac. He believes he senses Katrina but the Ra’zac aren’t in the tower. To test if the Ra’zac are around or not Eragon and Roran decide to come back tomorrow morning and if the slaves are gone the Ra’zac have come. It ends with Eragon and Roran going back to camp. Wasn’t that fun!?! Anyway this post is done so………………bye.

2 comments:

packbadge said...

I'm not reading any more books with you unless you promise to eat toast!

Adam said...

i never said u had to read this. DUH STEVE!

Cats are bad at Jenga

Cats are bad at Jenga

Its my dog Max

Its my dog Max
he looks like a monk